The Results!!!

The elections are to be held tomorrow morning and the results announced morrow evening. I came back from class today and slept for 4 long hrs. In bliss from the sleep, I decided to do Vichara for sometime. Once done with my Vichara I picked up Talks with Sri Ramana Maharishi and as if hinting at something I hit on the below talk. (Talk 422)


Will-power should be
understood to be the strength of mind which makes it capable for
meeting success or failure with equanimity. It is not synonymous
with certain success. Why should one’s attempts be always attended
with success? Success develops arrogance and the man’s spiritual
progress is thus arrested. Failure on the other hand is benefcial,
inasmuch as it opens the eyes of the man to his limitations and
prepares him to surrender himself.


Cheers,
--Badri--

0 comments: