What am I passionate about?

|

When I develop a liking for something, it slowly turns into an obsession.So it was with one project at office and so it is with watching movies. But a discussions today made me think what are the things that I am passionate about that can help me earn my bread. (I am no more in the project and I am not trying my luck in the movies till I get a call from hollywood).So the things as I found them.

1) Search Engine Optimization/Marketing

It was love at first sight, then there was a brief break and then I am in love again.Somehow this field excites me a lot. I infact finished a SEO book of 300 pages in a day. I read Robin Cook lot slower than that.I also believe I know quite a good deal about the field, infact an italian seo consultancy wanted to hire me based my postings at some forums when they realized that I wasn't a freelancer they were very dejected.

2) Web traffic analysis

I know absolutely nothing about this field but it has fascinated me a lot and I have tried my hand at it with statcounter for this blog. For example I know what ips people come to this blog from, I know they come searching for "Badrinath Blogspot" on Google or "Badrinath.V.S" on Technorati etc.

3) Product Designing

Again a big part of this is in the dark to me but I love the intial thrill that there is when u understand market requirement,do a product ui and stuff like that.

4) Blogging

Who doesn't want to be famous? Blogs are the easiest medium and I like them for that.Also they are a great place for you to try various writing styles.

5) Article Writing

I am trying my hand at this one, also I have written some before and I guess I like writing stuff thats informative and has some humour in it.

6) Motivating a Team

Someone once told me "I am sure your going to the team will lighten up the team" and my PL once told me that I am a "Team Person". I have kinda always loved listening to people's troubles (even in personal life), making them fell happy and cheerful, telling them stuff that will pump them up etc. I love finding out what most members of a team think, why they think so, what needs to be done to correc their thinking etc.Most people who dont know me well tend to think random thots abt me, but people who know me well always like me.

7) And Ofcourse Coding

Although I really cant call myself a programmer, that is what I started out to be and Java is still my first love. I am pathetic at programming but hey I am passionate and want to learn, also I have written some working code and must say it is doing pretty well.

So you think I have a chance to earn my bread with the above said 7 passions? ;-)

cheers,
Badrinath.V.S :-)

0 comments: