Milestone -- Is It ???

|

Today , I completed two years at my company.Well technically yesterday,for it is 2 am in the morning now.Although everyone keeps telling me that 2 years is a trivial part of once career and not really a big deal, kinda thing.I feel otherwise and I have my reasons.

I do act dumb at times but i aint totally dumb. I have the fire in my belly and when I dedicate myself to some task,I am like a train engine that runs really fast in that direction as long as it has the track it wants or slows down terribly may be even derails(I can only work at two extremes).In the two years I have completed at my company I have slowed down only twice and never derailed. Something that has kept me running this fast definitely has played a big role in my life.

Kindergartens are just two years of ones schooling, but they do play a big role in shaping ones schooling and education as such. My two years has helped me to some extent in finding the answer for that one all important question, the answer to which seperates me from eternal fame --- "What is it that I really want it life?".For one thing I know I dont want to be an electrical engineer, but still there is more to find out.May be when I get the full answer these 2 years will mean a lot more than what they do now.

So much has happened within these 731 days that they have become indelible memories in my mind and can't be considered trivial. Thus these 2 years are a big deal irrespective of what people say.

In all it has been a rollercoaster ride, cliche I agree but thats the truth.Times of high adrenalin and times when you are almost sure you will fall ;-) . I have I guess learnt(or atleast made a list of) certain things by virtue of experience in the last 2 yrs.

I have ofcourse learnt a lot of technical stuff like Java and all but that aint important, you can stay home and still learn all that.The things that I really learnt and that do matter a lot are -

i)Whatever be the field in which you master there is always somebody out there who can humble you? - so learn humility
ii)These people who can humble you miss out going high places cos they cant communicate their ideas - so learn communication
iii)The happiest and the best performing folks are those that generally want nothing or want things that are easily achievable. - so want nothing when you take up a task.
iv)These people who want nothing are boring and not your kind. - So continue with your life motto "Low aim is a crime" once you are done with the task.
v)Those who focus go the extra mile with least strain - So learn to focus stop thinking too much.
vi)There is an element of luck in everything everywhere - So learn to accept it and not crib about it.
vii)Cos of the element of luck, some people tend to get luckier than you.But current exploits aren't indications of future successes - So dont compare and lose heart.
viii)Cliche but working smart is important.There are those who spend 13 hrs at office , but those who really progress are those that spend atleast 6 hrs a day working - so learn time management.
ix)Google invades into people's privacy and hence anybody on earth can access this blog - so don't blog everything your heart thinks, use your brain.

Anyways rants and learnings apart its been a decent two years and now I am into the third year. Hope this one is better than the other two and contains good challenges, lots of happiness,great achievements and ofcourse me working with utmost concentration and dedication at the best of my health and spirits.

cheers,
Badrinath.V.S :-)

0 comments: