The Silence game that failed!!!

|

At the beginning of term 2 at ISB i decided I will speak as minimal as possible, the talkative loquacious guy that i am, people came to me and enquired if I was alright what was wrong etc.I gave myself a few pats on the back, felt happy and soon became garrulous . When you have a game of markstrat to play , where you are trying to fight competition and make your team win and when there is a dmop assignment to complete along with your study mate, talking becomes inevitable. And this talking leads to spill over talks with people from other sections (classmates, friends, colleagues etc).

Feeling a bit bad on breaking my mauna wrath, but happy we did well in markstrat. The competitors are unhappy that we cut prices, prices war were taboo based on unwritten agreements, but then we dint have a choice, while marketing a product to a consumer segment that feels your product is the thing for them but for the price which is $200 more than what they feel is ideal what do you do. Slash prices and thats what we did.

The DMOP assignment was very simple but still took 4 hrs thats a lot of time wasted on nothing, Is it like a protocol that two or more guys sitting to do homework must open up the class photo directory and discuss all the gals in it . And more importantly must they do it every time they meet.

Global Economics the other subject in term 2, successfully puts me to sleep, not the profs fault, the subject is too vague for me. Strangely several feel its exciting. on the other hand Competitive Strategy by Prashanth Kale is wonderful and interesting. The term is running away, its seem to be going faster than term 1 although still a day has only 24 hrs.(sorry abt the PJ).

Going by the past blogging about my birthday seems the thing to do

I posted this when i was 23
then this when 24
then this when 25

I am 26 today , and I feel old, somehow I always felt folks above 25 were perisus (oldies in tamil). And now I am in the category. But yes I have several good lessons in the last quarter(25) of which one is significant and I plan to remember it in my journey here after. Whenever I have set out to achieve things on my own, when i set goals, planned tasks I for sure failed. I kept hitting the wall, felt frustrated, sad etc. But when i took life as it came, it seems to throw nothing but happy stuff my way. Thank god for that .

--Badri--

4 comments:

Shankar.Nash said...

Badri.. belated birthday wishes...

Anonymous said...

Belated wishes dude - Vinay

Scooty Ram said...

Put a note that reads"You can not understand my words if you can not understand my silence" :P

Badrinath.V.S said...

Thanks Shankar, Vinay