Turning 23 - Other Worries!!!

|

13-14 days back I had spoken about how I was going to turn 23 and felt like a big failure,well today is my 23rd birthday and the conditions haven't improved a wee bit although that is my prime concern at this time, I can't really keep publicising it cos people may think I am desperate(or in some cases they may lose their morale "if badri himself cant how will we!!!").But anyways I have few others that I can actually share with everyone.

Although birthdays repeat themselves once a year somehow this one the 23rd seems very special.Something tells me this year will be very eventful, full of adventure,success stories,learning,growth and free from health problems.But 23 also brings with it some worries like the following.

1) I just realized that as a 10th std student I used to think 23 and above are old people adults so by that calculation I am actually turning OLD .

2) According to my mother a donkey lives for 6 years and since I am entering my 24th year in this cosmos I am as old as 4 donkeys.So she can now scold me saying "naalu kazhuda veyasu aachi" - "you are as old as four donkeys"
so do that job or clean your clothes.

3) As a school student my aim in life used to be , i will earn a lot and eat out of my father's pocket. For those who haven't really tried it spending out of father's pocket can be great fun.Starting this day I am techically/officially and more importantly morally barred from spending out of father's pocket but yes till I get married I guess I can cajole my mother into giving me some non replayable loan now and then.

4) "I am just outta college","I am not even 23" seemed to be good execuses to avoid responsibility but now I cant use them anymore.

5) Birthdays mean expense, when I ate like a glutton at other's birthday treats I never realized that they may get to attend my birthday treat too, so there are good number of people ranging from school mates, college mates, x team mates and current team mates waiting to avenge themselves.

well those are my chief worries,hmm!!! actually there is just one more.There is this small 3rd standard boy who is my neighbour and for some reasons he prefers calling me "Uncle", I am usually not bothered by that but it really annoys me when he calls me uncle and turns my attempts to be successful into a failure.(remember my I am a failure worry)

I guess thats abt it.If you have any doubts or questions please refer the FAQ's before asking me.

FAQS:-

Q:1)Why did you think people 23 and older where old and not those 21 and 22?

A:hmm!!! err!!! I prefer not to answer

Q:2)Did you chose not to answer the previous question because you feel shy acknowledging the fact that you had a crush on a teacher who was 22 and that is why u thot 23 and older is old?

A:yes!! you got me.back then I always thot I will grow old and tell her abt my crush never realized she will grow too.. :-(

Q:3)Are you always this dumb?

A:Only questions relating to the above article shall be entertained.But since you asked. Yes!!!

Q:4)So what sense does that phrase "as old as four donkeys" make?

A:I dont really know neither does my mother, she probably scolds me that way cos her mother used to scold her that way.

Q:5)Why is it that you can ask you mother for a non repayable loan only till you dont get married?

A:I personally feel it will be unethical to ask your mother for a loan when you can actually ask your wife.

Q:6)Now that you realize that people will get to avenge themselves are you going to give up gluttoning?

A:In life there are ups and downs but you must never lose your spirits and goals due to one or two occasional downs.

Q:7)Are you really going to give a treat to so many people "school mates, college mates, x team mates and current team mates"?

A:Are you kidding me, I work for a salary,I really wish I can avoid giving a treat to all of them but my current team mates are so excited about celebrating my birthday that if I dont give them a treat, they will choose to celebrate thru "Birthday Bumps".

cheers,
Badrinath.V.S :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey.. Happy Belated B'day!!! :)
Have fun

Badrinath.V.S said...

thanks life_z

Anonymous said...

Hi Badri, have linked you. COuld you also link me pls.

Jammy @ http://ouchmytoe.rediffblogs.com