The month with no posts!!!

|

My last post was on Dec 24, almost 30 days have gone by without a single post. Why

i) I wanted to open blogging this year with a great post
ii) Was slightly pissed with the job applications and the dings
iii)Had a 15 day long vacation during which time I concentrated on two things - eating and sleeping.

In spite of the fact that I cudnt come up with a great topic or a great post I decided to blog today to break the one month drought. A lot happened in the month that transpired but not everything is important and not everything is worth sharing. So here are the highlights.

Got placed in a IT startup on Day1 of placements. Yah Yah startup, in this economy, some risk involved and some instability but then I had to take my chances. Getting placed on day 1 is such a relief and well worth the risk or is it? Anyways keeping my fingers crossed and hoping I have a long career at that company.

A little earlier than that placement I applied to close to 14 companies and got only 2 shortlists. A dozen dings aint that bad compared to what some of my classmates had to go through but then it wasnt pleasant either. Most importantly it demoralizes you.

A little earlier than this applying and dings, a good number of us went crazy about occult and astrology and some how wanted to figure out what was in store for us post ISB. Feel like laughing do ya, you must have been in our shoes

The last one month has been very boring. 7th term should easily be the worst term ever. The profs dont realize that no one wants to do a gazillion assignments and write exams during placement season and more importantly during 7th term.

Well then I guess I have ranted enough and have covered almost all the highlights of the last 30 days. Well there was the ISB Dean and Satyam stuff abt which I am not going to blog, Slumdog nomination for 10 oscars which is all over the web and hence doesnt need a mention from me, Rehmans awesome music in Slumdog and Delhi6 and the absolute certainity of his winning an oscar which again has been stated very many times by very many people. Hmm.. Well then I guess thats it for now. Thanks for staying tuned, Happy new year.

--Badri--

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Badri !

So whom do you gonna work for ?

Shankar.Nash said...

Hi Badri.. congrats for getting placed.. all the best...

Unknown said...

congrats da.
which company?