Resumes, PAEV and scary sleepless nights!!!

|

I guess the toughest and most demanding course in ISB although it aint a course per se is the resume and interview prep. I was staying a bit aloof and dint get started till about last week and boy did i screw myself. The last one week has been very demanding, running helter skelter getting my resume prepared and trying to locate benevolent souls(typically alums) who would do a good resume review. And in spite of all the effort i have just gotten started.

Also I hadnt formed a prep group, a team of 4-5 with similar interests in jobs and placements who will help each other in the placement preparation. Again a big mistake but thankfully it dint backfire by much since even though i started the last minute i was successful in convincing a group to take me in.

To add salt to the injury , PAEV(a course in ISB which i really should have avoided) cost us 120 man hrs last week for a 10 mark assignment. I know we could really avoided a lot of what we had done but then i wasn't successful in convincing the team. Nevertheless I learnt a lot about powerpoints(more on that later) during the course of the PAEV assignment and loved what i learnt.

Bottomline, first week of term 5, thanks to elective bidding, worries about courses to take, PAEV assignment, prep group and resumes has by far been the busiest week i have had in ISB. I have only slept 7-8 hrs a day last week (much lower than my 11hr avg) and i have scary dreams of being jobless, failing in exams etc. GOD BE MERCIFUL.

--Badri--

0 comments: