Writers Block!!!

|

Now thats something that happens frequently but this time it has been extremely bad starting writing something a week ago and am yet to complete it . So what did i decide , i decided that i will anyways go ahead and post the incomplete article/poem in here even if it pains u good folks :) kindly bear with me.

disclaimer : its incomplete :)

Sometimes I am not myself, perhaps what ever i am these sometimes is myself but I dont realize that. Whatever be the case , there are these times when you can see me turn into a totally different person than what I normally pose to be.

Some people have analyzed the normal(normal posing) me and deduced(arguably ;-)) that i am volatile , arrogant , vain , pompous and that i think others are duds and all that. But the other me that comes about in these mood swings is totally inferiority complexed, insecure , thinks everyone but me is great and things like that. It is because of this other me that I sometimes wonder if people are right in considering me vain. Nevertheless if you want to carry out a psycho analysis and help me find myself u are welcome.

One such mood swing occured last night, when i realized that i will soon be completing 4 yrs in IT but my coffers are empty(in fact i have huge debts damn icici credit cards) and sadly so is my brain. I was thinking about what i have learnt in these 48 months and was totally shattered when i realized i have learnt anything that can hold water. So as usual in an emotional state I wrote the below given poem.

Its a mockery of the way in which in IT we know we are overpaid , we arent becoming a better person but yet we continue with the show cos of two reasons

i) the show must go on (commitment ;-))
ii)only if the show goes on we will get paid. (commitment again ;-))


P.S: In my defence. I dont think others are duds but i very often think people are not realizing their full potential and often engage in worthless activities or things that are completely orthogonal to their skill set.

I am not volatile, i get bored too soon, you impress me with something i get into the act and start helping you and very soon i get bored if i dont find it challenging any more.

I am frank sometimes blunt , the world likes hypocracy and someone who speaks ill at the back is more preferred than one who speaks ill in the front cant help it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To sustain, one still has to earn some money


Time and again I wonder if I am worth what i am paid
If there is a lay off at what point will i get laid
Dont ya think what i am saying is funny
Worry i do for alas, to sustain, one still has to earn some money

So worrying about ones capabilities and survival skills
Seems not so bad even if with inferiority one it fills
For although one wants to live without material worry, its irony
That alas, to sustain, one still has to earn some money

Sometimes I think I am having fun
Even though skills and tricks i have learnt none
In bench i sit at office, and happily at home still watch bugs bunny
For at last, to sustain, one still has to earn some money

Well what i am saying is I get the job done
And thats how i have survived in this long run
But most times I feel


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


cheers,
--Badri--

0 comments: