Her!!!

|

The first time I met her there were no thunder storms, no butterflies flying in the stomach and nor were there any cupids arrows flying around. It was just a chanced happening.

One of my friends had called her to his place to discuss something and since I was there with him at that time I got the chance to meet her. She is no Aishwarya Rai and neither is she that fair complexioned, skinny, sleeveless T-Shirt, jeans pants wearing kind, so one look at her and my eyes cheated by the non existence of the substance they were looking for rejected her as not "my material" but the heart somehow changed pace -- maybe it received signals that someone was going to gain everlasting presence in it.

The next time I got to get real close to her was at a restaurant. Her ear rings reflecting the spot lights, her face beaming with smile, her thick black hair that could make a raven jealous, flowing in the light wind ---- for moments I lost touch with the world, all that my eyes could see and heart could perceive was her.

Soon after that we started running into each other quite frequently. Although in all these meeting of ours we spoke no words, neither through eyes nor through the mouth my respect and admiration for her kept growing.

Whenever I got to speak in her presence, I would unfold my bag of wise cracks, if she giggled I would continue with more, her smile was worth many million applause. At the end of all this laughing I felt I had gotten close to her but what she really thought of me I could never decipher for her eyes and lips adhered to her dress code and revealed almost nothing.

Suddenly here was a gal who I would die to listen to, someone I could keep watching for hours but yet not get bored or distracted, whom I dint check out but truly admired, a gal whose only two body parts I intently watched were her face and legs. The former gleefully when she approached me, the latter painfully when she was leaving.

Her sweet non teeth revealing smile kept rolling in my mind like some musical number. The twinkle of her eyes from behind her disproportionate spectacles made me forget the many "sunrises near the horizon" that I had seen. Slowly but steadily she was crushing my ability to admire other gals, may be that’s why they call they way I felt a crush.

Finally I decided to break the ice. I selected a D-day and started rehearsing the opening lines of the conversation we would have. Then suddenly this vulture in me took control of my senses from the love bird.

“Stop it for heavens sake” It yelled within “it’s just a crush. Gals will come and gals will go but you have bigger dreams to pursue, don’t digress from thy motive in life.”

"But but .... " The love bird within squealed frightened by the vulture's intimidating voice."No buts, dont get stupid, there is one life and many important missions and there are many many more important things to do than pursue this crush,waste time admiring someone, involve less in your other passions, digress from your chief motives in life and repent later.... I take control from now on" the vulture commanded.

So saying it devoured the love bird in me. Now and may be forever converting her into just a sweet river of memory flowing serenely in the dense jungles of my thoughts.

Cheers,
Badrinath.V.S :-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

stupid.. stupid!! how did u let that grow into a vulture?!! u shud've had a love bird n maybe a parakeet.. now see wat this vulture has done!!

PS: although i seriously doubt the vulture's brains.. esp after his stints with Bugs Bunny.. LOL!!

Badrinath.V.S said...

I thot my blogs were confusing, but chik your comment is more confusing than my blogs.

what do you mean by

PS: although i seriously doubt the vulture's brains.. esp after his stints with Bugs Bunny.. LOL!!

Anonymous said...

This is one decision, you will regret in life. You can accomplish anything in life at any age, but this will come back to haunt you again and again - It's better to get it out and get it over with - either way.(Be prepared for a Yes and a No). Be Brave. Good luck ...

Anonymous said...

Kan Paarthathum
Kendai Kaal Parthathum
Thalli Pin Paarthathum

SuttaLum MarakKaathu Nenjam