Treat Please!!!

|

One of the many disadvantages of being successful at something is the dozens of Treat Seekers one has to satisfy after the success. While  the dictionary gives several meaning for the word Treat, the ones that best fit my post are as below.

i) Provide with choice or abundant food or drink
ii)Provide with a gift or entertainment

Ever since I got placed at ISB, there are dozens of folks asking me for a treat almost every time they come across me. While as such I fail to understand how throwing an extravagant dinner to some people will help me increase my happiness from the success manifold times, I do participate in treats cos society demands so. But unfortunately ISB (hopefully for only the time being) has left me only with loans and negative account balance (I am not kidding I have an ICICI ATM receipt that reads -11.81). I have been surviving by borrowing from friends around me. That being the case I was somehow not convinced about treating a few people by borrowing from few others. But then the dozens who wanted the treat wouldn't buy the argument. 

Hence I worked out a master plan(or at least i thot it was), 60% of the treat will be paid by me and 40% by all the other participants in the treat put together. Of course the plan went kaput, the moment they had to pay all those who only wanted free stuff bailed out. While the cancellation of the planned Treat is not sad , I am surely upset about the fact that the one last gala time I was planning with those folks before leaving hyd wouldnt happen for that exact one reason for which happiness should not be sacrificed - lack of money.

So did I not treat any one at all - of course not I treated just one person but again the Treat exceeded my planned budget by 100% :-( so that left me too scared to plan any further treats. I am depressed and yet again convinced that "Lack of Money is the root cause of most unhappiness".

Cheers,
--Badri--

4 comments:

Kandasamy Vairaperumal said...

thalaiva.... sema shokka kathai sollurabha....... kaiyenthi bavanla rendu dosa vangithanthuttu....treat nnu sonnavan thane neee... athulaiyum arai dosai nee thinnuttee.. ithula 60-40 nnu makkalai yemathure....

Badrinath.V.S said...

nalla yosichi paaru adhu arai dosai illa 40% of the dosai adhaan 60-40 concept :-)

Ramakrishnan said...

congrats on the placement.

and a very profound line at the end. cool.

Muthukumaran said...

Badri na,
If you hate to host treats the virtual next step to achieve that feat is stop attending them. I dont see so many irrational people out there who hate to throw one but joyously will attend a treat. Treats are really fun in my opinion;You throw once with out any hard feelings and shamelessly bug others to host one :). Any convivial is fun if you are not prejudiced against certain people and not much worried about pecuniary conditions. Try that once I am damn sure you'll grow fond of treats :)

Cheers.
Muthukumaran M.
OpManager Team :)