Darling je t'aime!!!

|

Valentine's day, Sad romantic songs and Bryan Adams crooning 'Please forgive me' kinda forced me into writing this poem(ok attempt at poetry)
-----------------------------------------------------------

Embers of a lost fire
Lead me into this sickly ire
What was I thinking when I let you go
Girl why did i have to say we should take it slow

Three words is all you wanted to hear
But my heart palpitated and stomach churned with fear
Not just cos I was scared of commitment
But also cos I thought love was an imaginary figment

Now that you are gone and I am on my own
I feel emptiness right up to my bone
Smiles are short and frowns longer
I have forgotten sleep, thirst and hunger

Ya I felt that its cliche' too
And these are just breakup blues
But aren't these supposed to fade in days few
And if I was so confident why for so long do i rue

I am not sure if I am in love or my hormones are in treason
But honey I know now we broke up for a reason
For I have learnt that without you I am a body without life
Oh darling if feeling thus is love,then please please be my wife

In the eyes of every woman i see I see you
And tears flow out telling me my love for you is true
I imagine phone rings and SMS arrival tones
When i realize their absence, I feel as if pelted with stones

I know now that I am not me without you
I need you now today and I know this much is true
To hell with commitment, I pledge you myself use me as you please
Come to me and stay with me for ever oh darling please.

Without you I am so incomplete
Only you can make me feel replete
One last thing i got to say even if its doesn't rhyme
I am convinced that Darling je t'aime....

--Badri--

8 comments:

Ramakrishnan said...

wow. i am sure many would feel that you worded for them what they felt.

It was more prose than poetry. only the meaning of the words had poetry if you can imagine it. i dunno if you know what i say...

Ramakrishnan said...

man... dint hear the song the first time. I was hearing it a few times today...

Badrinath.V.S said...

ramaks I am not sure if u are praising or teasing , but wateva be it thanks for commenting ;-)

Badrinath.V.S said...

are u saying once u heard this song u heard again and again, or thru some strange coincidence the song u were hearing a few times today was played in the blog, ramaks u confuse me too much da

Ramakrishnan said...

sorry. bad communique..

i was hearing it thro the day, and it was playin in your site in the evening.

and the word verification sucks.

Basant Kumar Tripathy said...

he thought about her day and night,
and believed things will be just right;
tried to use spiritual thoughts as a panacea;
couldnt believe all this can be caused by one times of india!!

Anonymous said...

saamiyar ku romance aa? pottu thaaku..

Navin

Anonymous said...

Nice song.1 of my hot favorite.