My CAT 2007 Blues!!!

|

Took the CAT(Entrance exams to IIMs) last Sunday. For an exam that is regarded as one of the most competitive in Asia - I dint prepare at all. Although I had to leave at 7.30am to reach the exam hall in time , I was at Sathyam Cinemas Chennai, Watching "A Mighty Heart"(Review later) till 1 AM. Reason why I was this careless or unconcerned about preparing is that I had already accepted defeat - After having purchased the CAT application form , I said to myself this aint happening you just wasted 1100 rupees.

I continued with this attitude and took the exam in spite of not having prepared, to test my own aptitude levels. I must admit that i was very over confident and even complacent. I told myself and to all those who enquired that 85 percentile was assured since I have never performed badly in CAT and 2 times i took it before I prepared for only 2-3 days.

But CAT proved me totally wrong. Quants the section in which I presumed i was invincible was a total bouncer my accuracy was horrible and so was my speed. In the recent years CAT has moved more from a speed test to an accuracy test , which is good if u know how to make hay out of it.

Anyways let me not bore you more, to summarize , the results unleashed a severe ego bashing and brought my confidence about attempting aptitude tests crashing to 5000ft below sea level. Here is my score card as generated by one of these sites that discussed CAT 2007.


cheers,
--Badri--

Your score card
Set No 222
Name Badrinath Vengalathur Srinath
Section Wise Detail

Section Name , Right attempts, Wrong attempts, Total attempts
DI/LR 11,8,19
Lang 5,10,15
Quant 3,8,11
Total 19,26,45

Net Score - 55

Score needed for IIM call - 110+

0 comments: