Random Poem

|

Suddenly started writing a poem and this happened
-----------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to my life its almost like yours
Events may change but the pattern remains
Infant, Child, Adult I grow like you with the years
And although the degree varies, like you i pass through pleasure and pains

Once I was very happy with whatever I was given
I Satiated with excitement when something new crossed me
Dint know what heaven was, but life felt like heaven
But yet there were moments when I thought "adult" was the state to be

Then struck education and so did competition
I was told how to eat and drink, worse also how to think
And in the process of learning reading, writing and recitation
With jealousy, comparison and materialism my heart began to shrink

Dunno why but suddenly there was this urge to stand out
Push myself into the limelight and get noticed
But materialism and attention seeking my attitudes were the world would shout
Making me think if money and fame were things, only i fancied

I turned around and saw people wanted something but asked for another
The hypocrism of theirs, civilization they called
While the objective was for them to gold gather
As civilized their greed they named duty to the father

Sometimes i wonder if i remain civilized
And do what they all do , go where they go
What at lifes end would have i realized
Wouldnt life that i lived , vain go

There must be something more to life than making more of my kind
Than saving for future, name , fame and career
My life is like yours its just a grind
And here i am wondering in which direction to steer.

cheers,
--Badri--

1 comments:

Vamsi Kundeti said...

Hi Badri,

How are you doing? are you still at
Motorola Hyderabad?

Cheers!
Vamsi.