Cold lunch, Cold customer service and cold interest levels to retain customers - Eat24!!!

|

Disclaimer: All opinion expressed here are my own. I don't represent or speak for any company or person.

So here is how the story goes. I ordered lunch on Eat24 from a restaurant about 0.6miles away from where I was staying. The food came in around 73min. During this time I had requested Eat24 to cancel the order , but they wouldn't because - "The restaurant wouldn't allow it"

They told me 3 times that they had requested the restaurant to make it a - "Rush Order"

The food arrived cold. I complained and Eat24 offered me $3 back from my $48 order.

I mailed customer support about my problem. They apologized on "behalf of the restaurant" ???.

I mailed them explaining that the issue is theirs, two of their agents refused to cancel the order and that's the issue- they ignored my complaint and sent a generic response.

I tweeted - no response, after the initial send us an email

I asked them to cancel my account and they promptly did.

Makes me wonder how high or low their Customer Acquisition Cost is , Also who handles their customer retention cell (if any) and who invests in a company that doesn't want to apologise for goofing up and doesn't want to retain customers.

Must mention that the order was originally placed as a pickup order and within the first 5 min of placing the order was moved to delivery - thanks to Eat24

P.S: Eat24 asked me in couple of contacts as to what they can do to make things right. But they ignored my basic request, own up to your mess-up. For spoiling my Sunday lunch, for serving me cold food and for not cancelling the order in spite if multiple requests.



 
Cheers,
--Badri--

P.S: BTW try https://www.grubhub.com/ :-) 

Update:  Eat24 replied, acknowledging the issue, empathising with my inconvenience and assuring the issue wont happen again. All is well once again in my food-land. :-)
==================================
Mail from Eat 24 :

Hello,

I do apologize for the inconveniences that were caused while using our
service. Everything you are saying is completely correct. What you have had
to deal with is unnaceptable(sic). We really do appreciate your feedback about
this. We are always looking to improve our service in any way possible.

I definitely understand your frustration and want you to know we always
have your back. I really feel that we dropped the ball here. I have
personally followed up with the individuals you chatted with as well as the
restaurant. Trust that this will not happen again. I have also refunded your
order in full. Please allow a few business days for the refund to post to
your account.

If you ever have any questions, comments, or concerns, we are here 24/7 to
assist you. Please feel free to contact us via Live Chat, Email, or by
phone.

Your friends in food,

Zander
Eat24 Customer Care

==================================

My response:

Hi Zander,

Thanks for the kind and customer-friendly response. This is what I was expecting in the first reply from eat24 - Acknowledgement of the issue, empathy towards my bad experience and assurance that the issue wont happen again. Glad that eventually we arrived here.
Kindly help reinstate my account. A colleague of yours helped me get it deleted this morning.
Regards,
--Badri--
P.S: Thanks for the refund of the order that's an added bonus. Your kind email was all that I needed.



0 comments: